- To stimulate awareness in Canada of and interest in Netherlandic (i.e. Dutch, Flemish and Afrikaans) language, literature, history and culture, and to promote their study
- To provide a forum for discussions for the subjects discussed in III.1
- by holding conferences, notably an annual conference at the same time and place as the annual congress of the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- by publishing, either alone or in collaboration with other scholarly organizations, the Canadian Journal of Netherlandic Studies / Revue des études néerlandaises, a newsletter and other publications
- by sponsoring and organizing, where appropriate in collaboration with local chapters, any appropriate cultural and scholarly activities such as meetings, presentations, lectures and discussions.